National Prayer Day for CSB Canada
Tuesday February 28, 2017
John 14:13 - Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. (ESV)
Thank you for joining us in praying for Christian Service Brigade in Canada. Here are some prayer Requests
National Prayer Items:
- Pray that Christ would be given the preeminent position in all we do and say in the Tree Climber, Stockade and Battalion groups across Canada, and that the Word of God would be clearly proclaimed so that each boy or young man would have the opportunity to ask Jesus to become his Savior, and become strong disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that the leaders, Tree Climber Dads, Rangers, Chief Rangers, Lieutenants, Captains and Brigade Chairmen will build strong connections with the boys and young men; that all involved in those ministries will bring glory to God and will truly be “Bright and Keen for Christ”.
- Pray that Churches across Canada would recognize their responsibility to build the upcoming generations of boys and young men, and would seriously consider using Christian Service Brigade as part of the ministry of building godly men.
- Pray for the expansion of CSB to more churches in Canada. We need many more churches to join this ministry. We are particularly focusing on three cities that used to be hotbeds of CSB in the past, and where we have had a number of inquiries from parents about a ministry to their sons. Pray that the Lord would lay it on the hearts of churches in Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg. Directly related to that is the need, pray for someone locally in Alberta to step up to become our representative for that province.
- Pray that we would be able to establish strong and vital contact with our alumni both of boys and leaders, particularly with our over 200 Heralds of Christ, to become ambassadors for CSB to lead our efforts to rebuild the ministry across Canada in their churches and beyond.
- Pray that the distribution of our latest brochure “Imagine” to pastors would spark an interest in them to encourage the men in their churches to start CSB ministries.
- Praise the Lord for each one of the monthly pre-authorized donors, many of whom have supported the ministry financially for many years.
- Pray for the sufficient funding of CSB Canada to support an expanding staff and library of resources. Pray that many would join our funding initiative for this year, called Gideon’s Men, by contributing $30/month, or a one-time gift of $360 for the year.
- Pray for all the staff and their wives: Steve (Bonnie) Grove, the President of CSB Canada; Harold (Carol) Browne, the Vice President; Ron (Diane) Carnahan, Gord (Marie) Banman and Howard (Kathie) Pike.
- Pray for the Board Members of CSB Canada as they provide the overall leadership and determine the direction of the organization.
- Pray for CSB Canada’s partnership with CSB USA, and CSB associate ministries around the world.
Pray for Upcoming Ministry Events
- Promise Keepers Conferences - Cambridge - March, Chatham and Toronto, April
- CSB Leader and Alumni Sweetheart Banquet - Coquitlam BC - March 25th
- Metro Vancouver’s Iron Sharpens Iron Men’s Conference 2017 - Coquitlam - April 8th - Eagle Ridge Bible Fellowship
- Tough Guys Weekend in BC - May 5 to 7
- Missionfest Edmonton followup
- Pray for CSB Adventure Camp in Ontario in August 2017. In particular, pray that at least thirty boys would register for this exciting time of fun and adventure
- Pray for Camp Teepee Pole Alberta in July http://campteepeepole.org/
Local Prayer Items:
- Pray for the boys and men of your church (by name, if possible); that the Lord would bless and keep them as they follow Him.
- Pray for the ministry of your church to boys and men; that there will be an outlet for the man’s Biblical responsibility to build the upcoming generations of men… today’s boys and teenage guys.
- Pray for a local ministry of CSB; name the community and ask the Lord to move His people.
- Pray for Ed who just learned of this program in the SEVEN magazine and thinks this is a great idea. We recently sent him a Sample Kit to help him approach his church about starting this program in his church. Pray that the church would seriously consider starting a CSB ministry in their church.
Requested Prayer and Praise Items:
- Pray for Ben, one of our young men who is about to start working on his Herald of Christ.
- Praise the Lord for the ministry of CSB. It was instrumental in my Christian growth.
- Pray for Sergeants, Corporals and Lance Corporals, our junior leaders. Pray that these young men will develop as leaders and have their hearts expanded for their squad members and our community.
- This boy is Kena and has been with us for 4 years. Kena and his family have come to Canada from Ethiopia. His family lived in a refugee camp and then ended up living in 7 different countries before making their way into Canada. Kena is a smart boy who along with his parents has decided to become believers in Jesus Christ and his life displays that decision. Pray for Kena and his family, as well as many others who have chosen Canada as their new home. as they cope with the events of the past, and adapt to life in Canada.
- Pray for Thomas, Dennis, Darren Len.
- Pray for Warren’s cousin Todd who has been in Sudbury hospital since Christmas. He was to have another surgery on Feb 27. They are hoping to salvage some of his small intestine. He is a believer and has been healthy all his life till now. His family is based more than an hour away.
- Pray for more men to come forward to serve in this ministry. The need is great as shift work and longer work hours make it difficult for men to commit to an evening every week. If you want 2 men to help, you often need 4 –6 lined up to handle the no shows or cancellations.
- Pray for Roy who has been suffering from bladder cancer and has been under treatment for nearly a year. Pray that the current round BCG immunotherapy works this time.
- Pray for the following special requests from Howard, our Regional Director for BC and Alberta:
- Pray CSB and I would take a careful, intentional and measured response to what we consider to be God's moving in Alberta.
- Pray that men's eyes would be open to the truth that God expects them to take responsibility for the building of all generations of men (and women) for Him.
- Pray that churches will catch the vision for what they can do in partnership with CSB.
- Pray that I will be able to rally churches to bring their men to ISI.
- Pray that I will find the fleece to measure the future for ISI.
- Pray that CSB men and boys become brighter and keener for Christ as they daily grow in Christ.